Sunday, September 28, 2008

Garage sale update


Here's me, Becca P., Kelly B., Kelly P. Showing off some of our nice lookin' treasures we found!

All right, so I know the garage sale was forever ago! And I haven't updated his blog for a while... so now I'm just trying to play catch up for a bit.
The garage sale was awesome!

It was such a huge success. A huge thank you goes out for all those that made it possible. Especially to Kelly Pierce and Becca Parkinson who was in charge of it. There were so many kind people who donated things. Even random people who read about it in the newspaper would just drive by and drop things off. I think that is so nice. They didn't have to do that, but they did. There were several times through this whole event when John and I would just look at each other and say WOW! People are so nice! Aunt Cindi dropped by for several hours to offer her help- Her truck came in way handy, they used it to deliver a piece of furniture for someone- Nice service huh! Family on both sides spent a little time cleaning out and brought us a bunch of stuff to sale. There were also many friends in the ward and Neighborhood who also donated and even stopped by to see how it was going and to see if there was anything they could do to help. People are just so kind. I think there is one thing I'm learning from all of this.... and I am learning it from the examples of so many. And that is....the willingness that others have to serve and help. It amazes me. Seriously thank you all so much.
McKay sends his love to all of you!




No comments: