Friday, June 13, 2008

Voice Male Concert Update

The evening started at 5:00 p.m. with the committee and others setting up.


Brad setting up the candy, cookie, and water table. Everything here was sold for a 1$.


About 5 days before the concert my mom Linnea got a hold of Macy's and through associated foods found a way to get this great picture done. Isn't it great! They did an awesome job on it.


Grandma Judi, Jim Roe, Nan Stucki, Kara Roe, Tyler and Emily Stucki


Tiffany, Brad, and Greg over seeing the candy table.



Amy, Tara, and Krissy at one of the two ticket/donation tables


Heidi and Jeremy at the other ticket/donation table.


7:30 rolls around and the concert begins


We think McKay enjoyed the evening. He was so comfortable and looked so peaceful.





the Song "rubber ducky" is a Voice Male favorite. Tradition has it that when they sing it the crowd throws rubber ducks at them. John chucked the first duck at them and well.... he caught it. soon ducks were coming from all angles!


They introduced McKay and had our family come up on stage. They gave John the microphone and had him introduce the family and say a few words. He thanked everyone for coming and also thanked Voice Male for putting on the concert.


So....we're all getting up on the stage and I realize that we're missing someone. I'm looking around and Tyler is no where to be found. My Sister Tara than jumps out of her seat and runs out to the hall to see if Tyler's out there. She finds him with Nan! It was great! I tell ya... four kids are hard to keep track of!


they had a short intermission about half way through.





McKay and his dad- they look so much alike


Aunt Mary and My mother


Voice Male then introduced one of there "Voice Male Grandmother's" Which happens to be my grandmother Leah Johnson.


This just made her day. My 86 year old grandmother just loves these guys so much.


They let her choose a song of her choice.... She chose "the one where it sounds like he is playing the harmonica". Of course she would choose the one they haven't practiced for 5+ years. They were troopers about it. They could have told grandma to choose again but no, they pulled it off. It was great! They had everyone laughing all night. They really are funny!


Closing number


On the right is McKay's cousin Kaylee- I know he loves his cousins so much!


cousins Taylor and Brock Warren were helping Voice Male pack up.



(ward friends) Taylor Moulding, Alexa Benton, Hannah, Caleb Moulding, and Kaitlyn Moulding


McKay with his new friends- the "Voice Male" guys!


Thanks again Voice Male for such a great evening. You provided an evening filled with memories that won't be forgotten. It was a moment in time where we got to celebrate life... McKay's life. These moments are priceless. And when they happen I just want to push pause. We are so grateful. It was such a happy, positive, fun filled night! You all are so talented- thanks for sharing it with all of us- I know everyone left feeling good inside.


McKay is saying good bye to family and friends


cousins Richie, Alicia, Emily and Aunt Nan
Happy Birthday Nan!


The committee- from left to right. Linnea Earl, Jeremy and Heidi Kjar, Amy and Scott Jensen, Tiffany and Greg Ralphs, Tara and Brad Poll.
And we want to thank you for all you did to make this night happen. Like Mom and Tara said... It wasn't completely over whelming for anyone in particular, but they never did stop thinking about it- it was a lot of brain work. Their brains never completely shut off! You guys are amazing- When we think about last Friday and all that happened for that concert to go on- we are amazed! Awesome job everyone. You guys are so great- we love you all!!


Easton, Davis, Meg and McKay
McKay's facial expression is great in this picture. It makes me wonder what he's thinking.
Such sweet little kids!

I think he's thinking something on these lines-
thank you everyone... And just know I love you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Tauna, It sounds like it was a hit!! I am so sad that I missed it. It just didn't work out. Sorry. I was there in my mind. I thought about it all night. McKay did look angelic and like he enjoyed it thoroughly.
Thanks for the update on the concert I have been wondering all week.

Tauna said...

Brandi,
Thanks for trying to come- You have been such a great supporter. You even posted something on your blog about it, how nice of you! It was a hit- we figured about 450-500 people showed up. People were so generous. It just makes you realize there are great people out there. I've always known that, but seriously... people are so giving.

Heidi Kjar said...

Tauna:)- I love seeing the pics from that night. It was such a memorable night. I feel the same as you, people were so generous, it really is amazing huh? I still need to look in the newspaper and see the article, that's cool they did that, hopefully it will help raise awareness so we can get closer to our goal. I am so glad to be a small part of helping you guys get the van! Jer and I couldn't stop talking about that night of the concert and we still talk about how neat it was and how sweet the people are that came.
The pics of your family on stage and with voicemail are so CUTE!
I'm so glad you posted some of the pics from that fun, memorable night:) Your mom and everyone did such an amazing job putting it all together.

Lauralee said...

Thank you so much for the brief moments I got to meet your family! I will never be the same, and I am so greatful!

Kami Jo said...

Tauna, Thanks for sharing all the pictures, I wish we could have made it! It was great seeing you and John and the kids at the wedding!!! You really are an inspiration!!!