Monday, May 5, 2008

McKay Roe teaches us everyday and continually reminds us of that which is most important. For not being able to speak, McKay has an uncanny ability to always draw attention to his beautiful blue eyes calm expressions, and the magical gift of life. He is such a sweet boy and has a special influence on all who meet him.

McKay was born with a severe medical condition wherein a brain malformation has caused cerebral palsy, hydrocephalus, seizures, hearing loss, cortical blindness and other physical disabilities. He does not talk, has never cried, but will randomly coo. He is fully dependent on others for his personal care and is confined to a wheelchair. McKay lives at home with his mom, dad, two brothers, and a sister.

This year, McKay celebrates his 8th birthday. Due to his growth and physical development, his needs are becoming greater. He is growing out of his car seat and his wheelchair is too heavy for his mom to lift in and out of a vehicle. As friends, we have noticed the family’s need of a handicap accessible van which, due to high expense, is a purchase difficult for them to acquire alone. It is our goal to raise enough money to help this family afford what has become to them a necessity, a full size handicap accessible van. McKay and his family all deserve this miracle.

Davis Education Foundation
Miracles for McKay Fund
PO Box 588 Farmington, UT
84025-0588

All cash and check donations to the
Davis Education Foundation
must specify the
Miracles for McKay Fund.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

You don't know but I heard about your awesome family through Heidi's blog. You may know my husband, Ryan Wassom?! He said he recognized you in your family photo.
Anyways, what an adorable family, and what a blessing it is to know of you even through blogging. I just wanted to post and say thank you for this opportunity to help such wonderful people. I am sure McKay feels and knows in his heart how much he is loved by his parents and how many people are on board for him and support you guys.

Tauna said...

Brandi,
I do know your husband Ryan- I love the Wassom family- and so that would make you Katy's sister in law! This really is a small world isn't it! What you wrote was so sweet.... We should be thanking you. You are so thoughtful and kind to be doing what your doing. Seriously thank you... and may you be blessed for your service. You are so right... I to believe that McKay is fully aware of the love, I think thats what keeps him going.

Levi and Marissa said...

This is a great idea. I hope that all your needs will be met. Your little boy is getting so big. I still remember when he was born. You may not know this, but some of the most spiritual experiences I've ever had took place in your home while I was caring for him. I always felt very close to our Heavenly Father while I was holding him in my arms. What a sweet and special spirit. I remember how he would never cry, but just had this way of using his pretty blue eyes to calmly tell you he needed something. I was overjoyed to find that he is doing so well. What a lucky boy to be born to such amazingly strong parents. You are such an example to me. I have learned so much from both of you. A lot from seminary class and being in your home, but more than that, the example and the pure lives you've both lived. Thank you so very much.

Unknown said...

Tauna,
Even smaller world. My husband worked with your brother at Qwest for a few months. I realized that when I looked at your blog. Funny, tell him hi for us. Hope all is going well. Oh I am trying hard to make it to the concert. Some how I have to make it work. Hope to meet you there.

Mel said...

There are two organizations that will help you get an accessible vehicle.

1-Options for Independence
2- Utah Applied Technology Foundation

Email me at: gizmoisms@yahoo.com if you do not already know about them.